Friday, March 12, 2010

Alice in Wonderland - Purrrrfect


I have been meaning to write this post on Monday but with all this fuss around the Oscar Awards I did not get the chance to share my experience from seeing “Alice in Wonderland” 3D. Since I had seen the cartoons when I was a child, I remembered pretty much of the action so the main reason why I went to see this movie was because of the 3D effects.

When I was a child, I was always scared by the Cheshire Cat from this story and I thought things would be different now that I was all grown up. WRONG! Tim Burton has managed to create a Cheshire Cat which is both lovely and creepy at the same time and if you will ask the people that have seen “Alice in Wonderland” which was their favorite character, most of them will tell you it was the cat. Johnny Depp manages to impress once again with the Mad Hatter role. In fact, every actor in this movie manages to play the role perfectly. However, “Alice in Wonderland” would have never had the same impact on me if I hadn’t seen it in 3D. Even if it does not leave you with the same WOW impression that “Avatar” does when it comes to special effects, this movie sends a special message to its audience: why shouldn’t you have the courage to act in real life just like you do in your wildest dreams?

“Alice in Wonderland” is still an amazing movie for the entire family no matter what critics have to say. It brings us to a world of fantasy where we forget about ourselves for a while. The action of this movie takes us to a wonder world, where Alice (Mia Wasikowska) has been chosen to fight the Jabberwocky, a horrible creature which represents evil and all that is ugly and once this creature is dead, the reign of terror of the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter) will end and the White Queen (Anne Hathaway) will make sure that peace is once again brought to Wonderland. A lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon indeed!

3 comments:

  1. I just love this film! It's great! I didn't watch it 3D, but it's on my list! I liked the graphics very much, and let's face it: Tim Burton is a visionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are hot and I like you. Cam? Mess id?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexa, you're blowing my cover. SHHHHHT!!!!

    ReplyDelete