Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Blair Witch Project - The story of missing children


I remember speaking a lot about the Blair Witch Project after seeing it. I first saw this movie back in high school because all my class mates kept speaking about this documentary made by 3 kids that went into the woods and never came back. Well, there is one thing that i can tell you about the Blair Witch Project: This movie will be worthless unless you first watch it at night, when you are home alone. That's when the story of the Blair Witch starts giving you the chills.


"In October of 1994 three student filmmakers disappeared in the woods near Burkittsville, Maryland, while shooting a documentary...A year later their footage was found..." This is how the movie starts and this is what caught my attention. It seemed like the story was so real and it led me to think that those poor kids actually disappeared in the woods. Is the story true? I'm pretty sure you are going to figure the answer to that one by yourself.

I do have a lot of ideas revolving around the story of a witch living in the woods but this would probably spoil the whole idea of the movie. 10 years ago, this movie kind of shocked me. Maybe it's because seeing a good thriller was difficult. Yes, one thing we have to clarify is that the Blair Witch Project is NOT a horror movie. In fact, I don't think you'll see one drop of blood. And yet, the suspense is going to kill you!


2 comments:

  1. This movie will be worthless unless you first watch it at night, when you are home alone and you have a bag of weed. I've finished that sentence for you..:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a bag of weed there is a good chance you'll find the Blair Witch yourself =))

    ReplyDelete